“The convoy was shot at by regime forces and we have three injured,” one local said
Pro-Syrian government fighters opened fire on a convoy as it prepared to leave rebel-held eastern Aleppo on Thursday in the first part of an evacuation from the area, wounding three people, the head of the ambulance service in the district said.
“The convoy was shot at by regime forces and we have three injured, one of them from civil defence… They were brought back to besieged areas,” Ahmed Sweid told the pro-opposition Orient TV.
Orient TV also said a first group of wounded people had reached the Ramousah area on their way out of eastern Aleppo.
An official with an Aleppo rebel group said the first convoy had crossed out of the eastern district, but later said it was only half way along the road out of the besieged rebel enclave where it had stopped.
A Reuters witness in nearby government-held territory heard a burst of gunfire that lasted several minutes.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said earlier on Thursday the first convoy of people requiring medical attention started to leave rebel-held east Aleppo.
Syrian state TV have reported that 4,000 rebels and family members are due to quit east Aleppo.
More to follow…