US has almost completely excluded Israel from Iran negotiations, Israeli defense officials tell NYT

Today, 11:43 am

FILE – President Donald Trump answers a question from a reporter at the end of a news conference with Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at Mar-a-Lago, in Palm Beach, Florida, December 29, 2025. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, file)

The United States has almost completely excluded Israel from the negotiations with Iran, two Israeli defense officials tell The New York Times.

Israel was not involved at all in the discussions ahead of the ceasefire and learned of developments in the talks between the US and Tehran from regional diplomatic contacts, as well as through the use of surveillance, the report says.

The Israeli officials spoke to the newspaper on the condition of anonymity due to the sensitive nature of the issue.Promoted: Hadassah, Preparing For What’s NextKeep Watching

The report notes that in the run-up to the start of the war against the Iranian regime earlier this year, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was in close coordination with Trump and was leading a discussion in the Situation Room in Washington.

“The banishment from the cockpit to economy class has potentially significant consequences for Israel,” the newspaper says.

About The Author

Leave a Comment