Saudi Arabia covertly launched strikes on Iran during war, sources say

Strikes were ‘tit-for-tat’ for Iranian attacks on kingdom; UAE, which similarly struck Islamic Republic before and after truce, said to have coordinated at least one attack with Israel By Reuters and Lazar Berman FollowToday, 12:37 am US President Donald Trump stands with Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on his visit to the White House, in Washington, November 18, 2025. (Mark Schiefelbein/AP) Saudi Arabia launched numerous, unpublicized strikes on Iran in retaliation for attacks carried out in the kingdom during the war, two Western officials briefed on the matter and two Iranian officials said. The Saudi attacks, not previously reported, mark the first time that …

Read more

Hezbollah planning to occupy Beirut as pressure on Naim Qassem builds

According to sources in the security establishment, Hezbollah is convinced that Israel is plotting a move to divide Lebanon, during which the Lebanese state would lose large areas of territory. A protester holds a picture of Hezbollah leader Naim Qassem during a demonstration in Riad Al Solh Square in Beirut, Lebanon, on April 11, 2026.(photo credit: Manon Roca/Middle East Images/AFP via Getty Images)ByAMIR BOHBOTMAY 13, 2026 00:40Updated: MAY 13, 2026 00:47 Hezbollah has created a systematic action plan to occupy Beirut in order to push out pragmatic elements, Walla learned on Tuesday. At the same time, the defense establishment is recognizing increasing pressure on Hezbollah Secretary …

Read more

Hamas Blocks Rafah Reconstruction, Halting Gaza Rebuilding Effort Amid Ceasefire Stalemate

May 12, 2026 5:48 pmby Ailin Vilches Arguello The damaged Al-Shifa Hospital during the war in Gaza City, March 31, 2026. Photo: REUTERS/Dawoud Abu Alkas Hamas members have reportedly blocked international efforts to begin reconstruction work in Rafah, a city in southern Gaza, in what appears to be the Palestinian terrorist group’s latest attempt to undermine a US-backed peace plan, as it continues to reject disarmament and stall progress on the ceasefire agreement with Israel. According to a report by the Israeli broadcaster Kan News, armed Hamas operatives threatened contractors who were set to enter an area under Israeli control in Rafah …

Read more

Report: US intelligence showing Iran retains substantial missile capabilities

Classified reports cited by The New York Times show Iran has restored most missile sites. Israel National News Published: May 13, 2026, 3:13 AM (GMT+3) Ballistic missile factory struck in IranCENTCOM Classified US intelligence regarding Iran’s current military strength from earlier this month suggests that Tehran has successfully restored operational access to the vast majority of its strategic missile infrastructure, The New York Times reported on Tuesday. Among other things, according to the report, the intelligence reveals that Iran has regained access to 30 of its 33 primary missile sites situated along the vital Strait of Hormuz. These facilities, equipped with mobile launchers, …

Read more

Trump weighing renewed military action against Iran

May 12, 2026 F-35 Adirs on the way to Iran. (IDF) The fragile ceasefire between Washington and Tehran may soon collapse. By World Israel News Staff President Donald Trump is seriously weighing a return to active hostilities against Iran, more than a month after the start of a ceasefire marked by low-grade fighting between Washington and Tehran. […]

Pakistan helped Iran hide military aircraft from US, Israeli strikes – report

 May 12, 2026 Pakistan Air Force. (Shutterstock) Despite serving as an intermediary in negotiations, Pakistan reportedly allowed Iran to hide its military aircraft during the US-Israeli airstrikes. By World Israel News Staff Pakistan quietly allowed Iranian military aircraft to park at one of its air bases even as Islamabad publicly positioned itself as a diplomatic […]

UAE secretly launched strikes on Iran during war, attacked oil refinery — report

April attack on Persian Gulf site only specific instance mentioned in report; US said to welcome Abu Dhabi’s involvement after other Gulf countries refused to join war effort By ToI Staff and Reuters Today, 3:14 am Illustrative: Two women from the Iranian Red Crescent Society stand as a thick plume of smoke from a US-Israeli strike on an […]

Iran says forces ready to respond to attacks as Trump reportedly mulls renewing war

Ghalibaf says only option is to accept ‘rights of the Iranian people’ laid out in ceasefire proposal; Pakistan reportedly hosting Iran’s military aircraft despite mediator role By Lazar Berman,  Stav Levaton, Jacob Magid and Reuters Today, 6:01 am A man waves an Iranian flag for a pro-government campaign under a billboard with graphic showing Strait of […]

Lebanese President urges US to halt Israeli operations ahead of Washington talks

President Joseph Aoun urges US to pressure Israel as Lebanon prepares for direct talks in Washington later this week. Elad Benari Published: May 12, 2026, 6:17 AM (GMT+3)   Lebanese President Joseph AounAnadolu via Reuters Connect The Lebanese presidency announced on Monday that President Joseph Aoun has formally requested the United States to intervene and pressure […]

Lebanese PM: Open to peace with Israel under specific conditions

Lebanese PM Nawaf Salam says Lebanon is open to peace with Israel once withdrawal demands are met. Elad Benari Published: May 11, 2026, 6:24 AM (GMT+3)   Lebanese Prime Minister Nawaf SalamREUTERS/Emilie Madi Lebanese Prime Minister Nawaf Salam stated on Sunday that Lebanon remains open to a formal peace agreement with Israel, provided specific conditions are […]

IDF hits 40-plus Hezbollah targets, kills 100 terrorists

“The infrastructure sites struck were used by Hezbollah terrorists to advance and carry out attacks against IDF soldiers operating in Southern Lebanon,” the military said. May. 10, 2026 JNS Staff Smoke rises after an Israeli Air Force strike in Nabatieh, Southern Lebanon, on May 9, 2026. Photo by Abbas Fakih/AFP via Getty Images. ( May […]

By Agencies and ToI Staff Today, 1:21 am Share 1 A man waves an Iranian flag for a pro-government campaign under a billboard with graphic showing Strait of Hormuz and sewn lips of US President Donald Trump in a square in downtown Tehran, Iran, May 6, 2026. (AP Photo/Vahid Salemi) A man waves an Iranian flag for a pro-government campaign under a billboard with graphic showing Strait of Hormuz and sewn lips of US President Donald Trump in a square in downtown Tehran, Iran, May 6, 2026. (AP Photo/Vahid Salemi) After US President Donald Trump publicly derided as “totally unacceptable” Iran’s response to the latest American offer to end the war, Tehran says its response was a rejection of the US proposal. Iranian state television reports that Tehran rejected the proposal as amounting to “surrender,” insisting instead on “war reparations by the US, full Iranian sovereignty over the Strait of Hormuz, an end to sanctions, and the release of seized Iranian assets.” The response also calls on the US to end its naval blockade, guarantee no further attacks and end a US ban on Iranian oil sales, the semi-official Tasnim news agency says.

By Agencies and ToI StaffToday, 1:21 am A man waves an Iranian flag for a pro-government campaign under a billboard with graphic showing Strait of Hormuz and sewn lips of US President Donald Trump in a square in downtown Tehran, Iran, May 6, 2026. (AP Photo/Vahid Salemi) After US President Donald Trump publicly derided as “totally unacceptable” Iran’s […]

Hamas disarmament talks stuck between Israeli security and Gaza guarantees – exclusive

As Hamas rebuilds, Israel faces the same unresolved question: what comes after the fighting ends? Smoke rises from a fire, following an Israeli strike on a tent camp sheltering displaced Palestinians, earlier this year.(photo credit: Dawoud Abu Alkas/Reuters)ByYAAKOV KATZMAY 8, 2026 09:18 Is war returning to Gaza? That is the question being quietly debated inside Israel’s security establishment. In the IDF Southern Command, for example, senior officers are adapting and redrafting operational plans for a renewed offensive, including conquering the part of Gaza not currently under Israeli control. And the reason is simple: Hamas is back. Not in the sense that it can immediately …

Read more

Netanyahu: US, Israel in ‘full coordination’ on Iran

IDF and security agencies are prepared for any scenario, says the Israeli prime minister. May. 7, 2026 JNS Staff, Amelie BotbolRepublish ( May 7, 2026 / JNS )  Israel is in “full coordination” with Washington on Iran and is preparing for all possible scenarios, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Wednesday as he convened his Security Cabinet. “We are maintaining continuous contact with our friends in the United States,” said Netanyahu, according to his office, adding that he spoke with U.S. President Donald Trump “almost on a daily basis. My people and his people are in daily contact as well, …

Read more